Lamps for lighting in the nail industry. Which one to choose?
Once upon a time, manicure was considered not so in demand. In the modern world, the complete opposite of the situation. The topic of manicure is so relevant that sometimes you can't even keep up with all the novelties. After all, well-groomed hands with beautiful nails are the key to a successful person. Now, not only girls, but also men turn to manicurists. But it is worth noting that a high-quality manicure requires not only a professional approach and high-quality tools, but also needs good lighting of the work surface. After all, the result of the work of the master, the opinion of clients and, as a result, the prospects for further good earnings depend on this. The quality of a manicure depends primarily on lighting.
Now let's talk in more detail about lamps for lighting that are used in the manicure process.
Table lamps for manicure. Varieties.
A table lamp for manicure is an important attribute that allows the master to see all the small details and, thanks to the diffused light of sufficient brightness, eliminates excessive eye strain. Usually the design of a manicure lamp is quite simple. LED bulbs or a fluorescent light source are placed in a housing aligned with a control panel and mount.
In the field of use, there are the following types of table lamps:
Incandescent lamp. Although this type of lamp has the most affordable price, it is far from the best light source for a manicure procedure. Its light is dim and yellow, which is not at all suitable for illuminating the workplace of a manicure master, taking into account the specifics of the work. It does not provide high-quality lighting, which is why the eyes get tired quickly and by the end of the working day there are unpleasant sensations and pain.
Fluorescent lamps. Manufacturers produce models with different power and three types of glow - yellow, neutral and cold. A fluorescent lamp saves energy, lasts a long time, does not make the eyes strain too much, but it costs about 4 times more than a usual one.
LED lamp. Currently, LED options are considered the best, since they do not heat up at all, are compact in size and can give a bright luminous flux of any color temperature. The best option for illuminating the workplace of the manicure master from modern sources of neutral and cold light.
Of the features, it is necessary to highlight the ability to adjust the color temperature in some models. The high cost could be attributed to the disadvantages, however, LEDs are completely safe, have a very long service life, consume little electricity and ultimately turn out to be more profitable in terms of finance.
By the type of mounting systems, lamps are divided into three types:
- on the platform and clamp. They are used for stationary applications and are convenient for installation on large work surfaces.
- on a clothespin. A current lamp is suitable if there is little space on the table, or the master often moves with equipment, tools and materials and it will be no less effective.
The lamp power is responsible for the level of brightness of the light and is indicated by the manufacturer in watts:
- for home use, the power of the device of 9 W. It is the simplest, most compact and cheapest device for table lighting or nail drying.
- budget savings are possible with the purchase of an 18 watt lamp, which is quite suitable not only for amateur manicure, but also for procedures in a beauty salon.
- professional provision of manicure services requires a more expensive 36 W model with ventilation, timer and reflective coating.
Criteria for choosing table lamps for manicure
Choosing the right lamp is one of the most effective assistants for a manicure specialist. Therefore, before choosing the lamp that suits you, pay attention to the following criteria:
- the brightness of the light.
- compact design.
- acceptable price.
- durability and strength.
- the ability to change the direction of light, adjust the height and angle of inclination due to the mobility of the tripod.
- no flickering and heating.
- low power consumption.
- lamp size
- type of attachment
- lamp design.
What are the magnifying lamps
Magnifier Lamp. For high-quality work, manicurists are increasingly using magnifying lamps. A magnifying lamp has long been included in the list of mandatory equipment for a beauty parlor. The fact is that it is simply impossible to imagine the quality work of beauty masters without this device.
- Floor lamps magnifiers. They can be equipped with a long tripod with or without casters. This Now version of the device is convenient for its mobility. This lamp can be easily moved around the cabinet if necessary.
- Table lamp magnifier. The classic version of the device. It is possible to use such a lamp only when the procedures are always carried out in the same place. For example, this version of the device is great for the work of a manicure master.
- Magnifying glasses. Used for the implementation of procedures where maximum freedom in the process of work is required. Usually the item is used by cosmetologists.
Magnifying lamps have different types of attachment:
- Clamp. These lamps are usually attached to a table and are used for manicure procedures.
- Stationary floor.
The degree of magnification of magnifying lamps depends on the diopters. There are devices with the following magnifications:
- 3 diopters (focal length - 33 cm) - 1.75 times magnification.
- 5 diopters (focal length - 20 cm) - 2.25 times magnification.
- 8 diopters (focal length - 12.4 cm) - 3 times magnification.
All magnifying lamps have two types of light source:
- Fluorescent lamps - they are not very practical, as they heat up quickly and have a short lifespan. Although their price is not so high.
- LED lamps - due to their placement, they do not create a shadow effect. Consume small amounts of electricity. Emit a softer light. Flicker free. The light falls evenly, which creates a favorable working environment.
Lamp power - loop
- with a power of 220 W, magnifier size 127 mm.
- Filled on a tripod - Magnifier lamps come in different capacities:
- Round tabletop with AC 220 W power, magnifier size 12 cm.
- Desktop on a metal bracket - with a power of 220 W, a magnifier size of 127 mm.
- Table-top - clamps - with a power of 110/220 W, a magnifying glass of 17.8 cm, with a power of 220-240 W, a magnifying glass of 18 cm.
- With a clamp - with a power of 220-240 W, magnifier size 140 mm.
- On a tripod - 220 W, magnifier size 12.7 cm.
- Tabletop - flexible - with a power of 220 W, magnifier size 10 cm.
How to choose a magnifying lamp
Consider the following to select the lamp that's right for you:
- Window diameter. The larger the window, the more convenient it will be for the master to look into it. However, it should be borne in mind that there must be enough space near the workplace to place a large magnifying lamp.
- Lighting quality. The lamp should not heat up. The illumination in the lamp must be parallel, i.e. it should be located under the lamp, not to the side or above it.
- The degree of magnification. 8 diopters are the least popular.
- Fixing the lamp. The table-mounted device is stationary and does not take up much space. To illuminate the manicure place, desktop devices on a clamp are usually used, which are attached to the table.
- Size and shape. They are round and square.
- Price - it must correspond to the quality of the product.
- Adjustment - it is desirable to adjust the height, tilt angle and turns.
- Energy saving.
Selfie Manicure Lamps
Selfie manicure lamps have become, perhaps, the most desired and sought-after gadget for any modern girl.
According to their technical capabilities, ring selfie lamps are divided by the number of LEDs, operating mode options, and the possibility of additional effects during the photographing process. As well as the peculiarities of recharging (built-in battery, USB charging or the use of AA batteries). A common feature for all models is the creation of an expressive highlight effect, similar to coatings with the "cat eye" effect. This additional interesting feature of selfie lamps visually draws attention while viewing a photo of your manicure.
Selfie ring on the phone
- Has a universal mount that allows you to attach your lamp to anything (including a tablet, laptop, any touchscreen phone).
- Selfie lamp effectively illuminates your manicure at the moment of photo creation, producing high quality images and extremely realistic color reproduction in accordance with the highest requirements and at any time of the day.
- When working with it, you get photos with pronounced shadows and volumetric soft light.
- It helps to capture the most fantasy manicure without losing a single shade.
- This is an ideal budget option for photo examples of manicurists' work in a personal portfolio - for all those who value high-quality photos and beautiful light so much.
We hope this article was helpful to you!