Sterilizer for manicure sets – taking care of the client's health
In addition to the fact that a manicure is a procedure after which the representatives of the fairer sex unambiguously increase self-esteem, it is also a very responsible and serious process. Therefore, if the sterilization rules are not followed, they can lead to various health problems of the client. Not only a beautiful manicure, but also the client's health condition depends on the professionalism and accuracy of a specialist. Every master must sterilize manicure tools and supplies in order to avoid bad consequences for the client's health. Therefore, a sterilizer is an indispensable tool in a beauty salon, with the help of which the devices are disinfected and cleaned after each use.
First, let's figure out what the process of disinfection and sterilization is. Masters usually carry out the following activities for cleaning and disinfecting manicure sets, which are divided into the following stages:
1.Disinfection combined with pre-sterilization cleaning in an ultrasonic bath - When using an ultrasonic bath, it is possible to combine disinfection and cleaning in one step. Remove the instrument tray from the tub and fill the tub with water up to the mark. The capacity of the bath is about 0.7 liters. Attention, the water temperature must be at least 18 ° С! Add disinfectant. To dispense the disinfectant, you can use a measuring cup or a simple disposable syringe. Place the instruments in the wire rack and place the tray in the tub. Tools must be completely covered with disinfectant solution. Turn on the ultrasonic cleaner for 15 minutes.
2. Rinse thoroughly with water and dry - After ultrasonic treatment, the instruments should be rinsed with clean water and dried thoroughly. Then carefully examine the tools. There should be no traces of blood, skin remnants and other dirt, scratches and chips on them.
3.Sterilization - Place the instruments in self-adhesive kraft sterilization bags and seal them. Sterilize instruments in a dry heat cabinet at 180 ° С for 1 hour. Do not exceed the specified temperature and holding time! Even a short-term temperature rise above 180 ° C can lead to a decrease in the strength of the instruments, and they will lose their value.
4. Storage - Store the sterilized instrument without removing it from the craft bags until next use. It is recommended to store it in an ultraviolet chamber, or, if it is not available, in hermetically sealed boxes. In a sealed kraft bag, instruments remain sterile for up to 30 days.
As you have noticed, all the stages are very important, and if one of the stages is avoided by the master, later it will negatively affect the health of the client.
What is a UV cabinet?
Ultraviolet cabinet or UV cabinet - This is a device for storing previously disinfected and sterilized instruments using an ultraviolet lamp. Kills the simplest types of germs, such as viral and cold. The UV cabinet is in great demand both in beauty salons and among home masters of nail and hairdressing services.
Instructions for using the UV cabinet:
1. connect the device to the mains.
2. put the tools in a UV cabinet
3. Switch on by pressing the button.
4. Turn off after sterilization the button and the cord from the socket.
Now about preparations for sterilizing manicure instruments.
Kraft bags for sterilizing manicure tools
Sterilization bags are used to maintain the sterility of instruments during storage. Thanks to a wide range of sizes, they are convenient for sterilizing any kind of instruments. On the outside of the kraft bags, an indicator is applied, which after sterilization (for example, in a dry heat cabinet) changes its color, so that you can easily determine the completion of the processing procedure. Paper bags for sterilizing manicure instruments do not require additional equipment, as they have an adhesive layer. The packages are disposable. Disposed of with household waste after use. More often, envelopes have one or two Class 1 chemical indicators built in, which, by changing their color, indicate that the bag was put in for sterilization. Only internal indicators located inside the bags confirm the correctness of all sterilization work carried out. According to sanitary rules, the packages are opened directly in front of the client.
Sterilization of manicure instruments in a dry heat cabinet
Kraft bags are used to sterilize manicure instruments in a dry heat cabinet. Kraft paper contains oily compounds, due to which it can withstand high temperatures.
To prevent craft bags from emitting an unpleasant odor and burning, the temperature regime must be observed. The optimum temperature for sterilization in a dry oven for crafting is 160 ° C for 150 minutes and 180 ° C for 60 minutes.
Disinfectants for manicure instruments
The modern market offers a huge selection of disinfectants for manicure tools, we will tell you about the most popular and popular ones that are most often used by professional masters in their work.
- Alaminol - the composition of the product includes substances such as alkyldimethylbenzylammonium chloride and glyoxal, which help to qualitatively suppress the activity of pathogens of tuberculosis, viral infections, HIV, herpes, hepatitis, entero and rota viruses, fungi of the Candida class and others.
- Estilodesis - this product is one of the most demanded on the market due to its high efficiency and affordable cost. It contains many active substances, for example, alkyldimethylbenzylammonium and didecyldimethylammonium chloride, which are surfactants (surfactants), guanidine, QAC and others.
- MultiDes - Another highly demanded preparation for disinfection. It is also quite popular due to its efficiency and low cost. The chemical composition of this drug is quite simple, it contains only guanidine and several types of surfactants, which is quite enough to destroy bacteria, viruses, fungi and microbes. This product does not cause corrosion on metals, does not fix biological (organic) debris, is not afraid of freezing and defrosting, and also has detergent properties and qualities.
- Optimax - it is worth noting an equally popular disinfection drug, the cost of which is affordable for everyone. This is also a concentrate, which is diluted with ordinary tap water in a ratio of one to fifty. The chemical composition of the substance is based on a solution of 5% N, N-bis (3-aminopropyl) dodecylamine, nonionic surfactants and a corrosion inhibitor.
There are several types of sterilizers that are designed to disinfect the manicure accessories of a manicurist and pedicure master. Consider the main types of sterilizers that are most often used by masters.
Varieties and features of sterilizers for manicure tools
A sterilizer is a device that affects manicure instruments with various radiation or otherwise, thereby killing bacteria and microbes present on them.
- Ball (quartz). Complete sterilization is carried out in a matter of seconds (from 5 to 15 s) and the instruments are processed, completely disinfected, and bacteria and carriers of various diseases are destroyed. In such a device, due to the air method of heating quartz balls, deep sterilization takes place. In the heart, heats objects up to 250 degrees.
- Dry oven. One of the most popular heat treatment sterilizers for manicure, it is designed for all-metal appliances. Disinfection takes place by heating the instruments to the desired temperature. On average, metal manicure instruments are processed at temperatures ranging from 200 to 260 C⁰. The operating time of this product for sterilizing manicure instruments depends on the specific model, as well as on the processing temperature, and ranges from 30 to 120 minutes.
- Ultrasonic. provides a fairly delicate cleaning and disinfection regime and is completely safe for absolutely any devices. The principle of operation of the sterilizer is the use of ultrasound and a disinfectant solution. Such a sterilizer is suitable for manicure and hairdressing tools, as well as jewelry, an ultrasonic sterilizer is suitable.
Advantages and disadvantages of sterilizers for manicure
- Ball (quartz). Advantages: several masters can use at the same time, does not consume a lot of energy, compact, stable, long service life. Disadvantages: High price, the need for regular replacement of the filler, the ability to process only those instruments that can withstand high temperatures, inevitable deformation and gradual dullness of the instrument.
- Dry oven. Advantages: the entire surface of the instrument is sterilized, Hot dry air in a dry heat eliminates corrosion of metal instruments and erosion of glass surfaces, allows them to preserve their integrity and physical properties, the sterilizing agent in this case is dry heat, which has excellent penetrating properties for almost any material. Disadvantages: High cost, long sterilization time, be sure to make sure the items are heat resistant before sterilizing.
- Ultrasonic (ultrasonic cleaning). Advantages: they are completely safe to work with, you can not only sterilize with them, but also store tools until the next use, sterilization speed, versatility - perfect for manicure tools made of different materials - all types of metal, plastic, glass, ceramics, the ability not to use a disinfectant agent that can corrode the surface of instruments. Disadvantages: processing in such a device is not enough to completely eliminate all bacteria and viruses.
Ultrasonic washers - sterilizers are recognized as one of the most effective for the treatment of manicure instruments. They not only do not damage their surface, but also restore the original shine and cleanliness. Let's talk a little about them.
What you need to know about ultrasonic cleaners
An ultrasonic cleaner or bath is a device for disinfecting and cleaning instruments from plaque, organic residues and other contaminants. The sink acts on the surface of the devices with the help of bursting bubbles and their movement along the working cavity under the influence of ultrasound. Ultrasonic - washing is used together with liquid - disinfectant solution at the stage of disinfection or pre-sterilization cleaning. The disinfection process in an ultrasonic sink is faster than in a conventional bath or container with a disinfectant solution.
Ultrasound-based sterilizers may have some differences: radiation power, volumes and other technical characteristics.
Types of ultrasonic sinks based on weight, size, power and liquid level
There are the following types of ultrasonic sinks on the market:
- Ultrasonic sinks with: weight - 780 g, size 20x12.5x14 cm, power 50 watts, ultrasound purity - 42 kHz, liquid level 600 ml.
- Ultrasonic sinks with: weight - 1200 g, size 20x19.5x15 cm, power 50 watts, sound purity 42 kHz, liquid level 600 ml.
- Ultrasonic sinks with: weight - 1270 g, size 22x13.8x14.1 cm, power 60 watts, sound purity 42 kHz, liquid level - 650 ml.
- Ultrasonic sinks with: weight - 1700 g, size 23x18.5x16 cm, power 70 watts, sound purity 42 kHz, liquid level - 1100 ml.
- Ultrasonic sinks with: weight - 2200 g, size 26.5x23x18 cm, power 160 W, sound purity 35 kHz, liquid level - 1700 ml.
- Ultrasonic sinks with: weight - 3600 g, size 38.5x23.4x19.3 cm, power 150 W, sound purity 35 kHz, liquid level - 2500 ml.
- Ultrasonic sinks with: weight - 7800 g, size 51.5x30.5x24 cm, power 300 watts, sound purity 35 kHz, liquid level - 5000 ml.
Practical recommendations for the use of ultrasonic equipment
There are several subtleties in the operation of ultrasonic washers that can extend their service life and make life easier for the master.
- Place instruments in the bath only in the special mesh container that is included in the kit. Never place them directly on the bottom! This can cause damage to the device as the ultrasound paths will be disrupted.- After completion of ultrasonic cleaning, be sure to rinse the instruments with running water to remove the contaminated solution from the cavities and from the surface.
- Do not turn on the ultrasonic washer when it is not filled with liquid or when the solution level is insufficient for normal operation.
- When the sink is not in use, it must not only be off, but also be physically disconnected from the mains.
- Install the ultrasonic cleaner in such a place that it does not interfere with anyone, does not cling to anything and connect to a power outlet without pulling the power cord.
- Place the bath in a room behind a tightly closing door, never in a common room. Despite its good protection, it still propagates high-frequency sound vibrations.
And in conclusion, we will tell you what parameters should be considered when choosing a sterilizer for a manicure.
Parameters when choosing a sterilizer for manicure
- The required degree of cleaning.
- The size of the instrument and the number of instruments that fit.
- Temperature conditions.
- Time required for complete processing.
- The cost of the device.
As you understand, sterilization is a very important process in a manicure. So be sure to use it! How? All of the above will help you in one go!
Published: 04.11.2020 18:30 Times Read: 381